On Veterans Day 2015, I launched the Bringing You Home Program for military families, which you can read about here.
Having been a Military wife for 13 years, I remember how emotionally, mentally and physically tiring it is to move your family around the country, not to mention EXPENSIVE.
To help offset the stress and cost of moving, and as a way to thank Military vets, I launched The Bringing You Home Program, which offers a $1,500 closing cost credit to buyers and sellers, as well as discounted lending fees for buyers.
Since launching The Bringing You Home Program, I have gotten a lot of questions from Military families wanting to see if they qualify - so If you are interested in buying or selling a home through the Bringing You Home Program, please see below for FAQs.
1. What is the program? This program provides a closing cost credit to members to help defray the amount of cash out of pocket required for a member to purchase or sell a home.
2. How do I know if I qualify? If you are a veteran or are currently active duty military, you're in law enforcement, a firefighter, a healthcare worker or a teacher, you qualify! If you're not sure, ask any member of our team!
3. What benefits do I receive? A credit towards closing costs for buyers, a credit towards selling fees for sellers and discounts with our participating partners.
4. What makes this program different from a standard Real Estate transaction? There are a number of fees or closing costs associated with buying and selling a home, even in a "zero down" situation. This program helps reduce those fees by $1,500.
5. What are the typical costs associated with a Real Estate transaction? For buyers there are lender fees, appraisal fees, home and pest inspection fees, origination fees, title and escrow fees, transfer taxes, etc. For sellers, there are commissions for the real estate agents, transfer taxes, title and escrow fees, and possibly repair credits. It adds up! That is why this program is so important.
6. Do I need to do anything extra or special in order to qualify for this program? Nothing above and beyond being an employee that falls into the above specific categories. It's a simple "Thank You" for your service.
7. What is an example of what this will look like? Here are some example scenarios for how the program works:
Firefighter John and His wife Elizabeth want to buy a home. In addition to their required down payment, there are closing costs that need to be paid in order to close escrow (These numbers are purely just an example and do not reflect exact numbers or percentages of fees for closing costs.)
Home purchase price= $300,000
+Down payment required (if using an FHA loan)= $10,500
+Other closing costs= $5,000
-Bringing You Home Credit (realtor and lender credits)= $2,295
Total cash to close= $14,000
Fortunately, there are many ways that the other closing costs can be allocated and not be made just the responsibility of a buyer. This is just one example of how the Bringing You Home program can save its members a tremendous amount of money.
Sgt. Mike and his wife Kelli want to buy a home using a VA loan (no down payment required).
Home purchase price= $300,000
+No down payment when using a VA loan
+Other closing costs =$5,000
-Bringing You Home Credit (realtor and lender credits)=$2,295
Total cash to close= $2,705
As previously mentioned, these are just examples of a few ways that closing costs can be structured. It also all depends on how a purchase agreement is structured. Contact me today and my team and I will sit down with you and discuss all of your options in purchasing or selling a home. We are here to be of service to you. Our knowledge and experience will guide you along the way, making it a smooth and easy process to purchase or sell a home.
8. Why do you offer this program? It's my way of saying thank you to the many people who are in such service oriented professions.
9. What's in it for you? Bringing home the everyday heroes that do so much for us! That's truly it. I do not benefit financially in anyway from this program. In fact, the fees that I take off any Bringing You Home transaction are deducted from my commission.
Here is my explanation of the Bringing You Home Program in more detail.